Monday 8 February 2016

Makers Monday - Spring is on it's way...



After being asked to do my first 'How to make...' piece in our local magazine, I couldn't help but play around with the theme of Spring. To finalize what item I would use to create this piece, I needed to play around with ideas.

I have now finished the article piece but won't be able to put it up until after the mag is published. 

One idea I did consider (see above) was a word based Spring Wall hanging on either wood or canvas using the mod podge transfer technique. Finding various free fonts, PNG images (these are best, so you can overlay them and not block out any background as they are transparent) and a few other images. I started to put them together. Normally I would draw and create my own image but the drawing program on my computer is not working at present so I borrowed an image I found during an image search (see Below).



Bird on Wire Image found via Collective Creation. Beautiful images on here. Click link to have a look at more of their images.



These PNG flowers I found via clip art during an image internet searching stating 'Flowers PNG'

I did not carry out this project at this time due to the fact I need to practice the mod podge technique and that it didn't quite fill my criteria needed for the mag. I needed things to do for parent and child. But I will certainly play around more with these ideas and create some more designs.



No comments:

Post a Comment